The UNC Property Office provides the following services. Contact our staff for more information.
- Management of Memorial Grove
- Leasing of property for UNC departments
- Leasing of UNC owned homes to faculty and staff
- Leasing of surplus space owned by UNC for commercial use
- Aquisition and disposition of property
The following responsibilities have been delegated to the Property Office:
- Initiating and coordinating a large volume of diverse and wide-ranging real property transactions for the University, The Board of Trustees of the Endowment Fund of the University of North Carolina and The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Foundation, Inc. These transactions include acquistions and dispositions of real property by lease, gift, purchase, exchange, sale and easement or user agreement.
- Leasing of off-campus properties to meet departmental space needs that cannot be met in existing campus space, preparing specifications for space needs, securing necessary approvals and performing all related tasks associated with the occupancy of off-campus space.
- Managing University-owned rental properties, administering University leases and managing all aspects of Endowment and UNC-CH Foundation-owned properties.
- Collecting property rents due the University and disbursing rents owed by the University, authorizing expenditures from these accounts and maintaining University rental properties.
- Processing requests for leasehold improvements on properties leased by the University.
- Managing storage space according to the needs of various departments at UNC-CH.
- Maintaining all University property related records and legal instruments, including deeds, easements, leases, surveys, environmental reports, appraisals, home inspections, maps and plans.
- Managing Memorial Grove, the University’s garden for the scattering and interment of ashes.
University Property Office
Giles Horney Building
103 Airport Drive, CB #1060
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-1060
Real Property Administrator