Services and Supplies
All Carolina Managed Print Services copiers can be used as a printer or fax in addition to copying your documents.
Please review our Campus Multi-Function Device Policy.
Any questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view available models and learn more about their features, visit our Xerox Multi-Function Devices page.
If you have any questions email email@example.com.
- Davis Library
- Health Sciences Library
- Carroll Hall Journalism Library
- Law School Library
- Sloane Art Library
- Beard Hall Computer Lab (108)
- Tate Turner Kuralt Computer Lab (501)
- Chemistry Library – ground floor Wilson Library annex
- Stone Center Library (312)
- New East Computer Lab (209)
Cost for printing is $.10 per B&W page, $.35 per color page.
1 copier (first floor)
1 copier (second floor behind the elevators)
1 copier (4th floor alcove)
1 copier (6th floor alcove)
Health Science Library
2 copiers basement (one color copier)
3 copiers on fourth floor
3 in Room 128, 1 in 107
NC Collection Reading Room
Music Library, 300
McColl Building (by 1st floor Help Desk)
Carroll Hall (Park Library Room 269)
SILS Library (Manning Hall stacks)
Carrington Hall (ground floor)
The cost per page is $0.14 when using a card reader to make black and white copies. It is $0.35 to use color copiers.
Copies can be made by using any of the following:
- UNC One Card
- Departmental Copier Expense Card
- University Guest Card (Guest Card Costs $1.00. You must add value to the card after purchase.)
Please note: You must have money on your expense account in order to use your One Card to make copies.
Tar Heel Teller Machines are located all over campus. Use a Tar Heel Teller to check the balance of your UNC One Card Expense Account or deposit cash into your Expense Account for immediate availability. Tar Heel Tellers accept $1, $5, $10 & $20 dollar bills.
- SASB North, lobby
- Rams Head Dining Hall
- McColl Building
- Davis Library, 1st floor
- Health Sciences Library
- Undergraduate Library, main floor
Paper charges may change if paper prices change throughout the year. Charges are based on current costs. Prices are evaluated monthly. There is a one time set-up charge for a new copier based upon the model of the copier.
Xerox Software Drivers
- Print driver configuration – Windows
- Print driver configuration – Mac
- Search for your device at the Xerox support site to download the appropriate driver.
How to set printer defaults on a Mac in CUPS
Download instructions for setting printer defaults for Mac in CUPS.
To open CUPS, open Safari and type in http://localhost:631 This port will open CUPS. If you get an enablement prompt, you must enable the feature in terminal.
To enable CUPS:
- Select and copy ‘cupsctl WebInterface=yes’
- click the magnifying glass in the top right hand corner of your screen and search for ‘Terminal’.
- Once in terminal, paste in ‘cupsctl WebInterface=yes’ and click enter.
Your safari should look like:
select the Printers Tab within the black bar -> select the printers section as shown:
Here you will find most all the applicable settings that you can specify as default options.
The advance tab is where you can find accounting.
Printing preferences from the print server don’t synchronize in Windows 10 version 1607
Consider the following scenario:
- You have a print server configured in Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (SP1), Windows Server 2012, or Windows Server 2012 R2.
- You share a printer that uses the unidrvui.dll or ps5ui.dll driver as the configuration file.
- You change the printer settings by going into the Printing Defaults options (such as print on both sides, print in Black-And-White, paper size, and so on).
- You map the shared printer on a computer that’s running Windows 10 version 1607.
If you go to Printing Preferences on a Windows 10 client in this scenario, you notice that the settings have changed on the server (such as print on both sides, print in Black-And-White, paper size, and so on) and that you’re not synchronized on the client. Instead, the default driver settings are applied.
To check for the configuration file that the driver uses, follow these steps:
- On print server, start Registry Editor (regedit.exe).
- Locate the following registry subkey:
- Choose the driver key.
- On the right side, look for the Configuration File value.
Note This issue does not occur in Windows 10 version 1511 and earlier clients. This issue also does not occur if the print server is configured in Windows Server 2016.
This issue occurs because of a mismatch of file versions between the print server in Windows Server 2012 R2 or Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 10 version 1607.
To work around this issue, follow these steps.
Note Make sure that the versions of the PS5UI.dll, PSCRIPT5.dll, UNIDRVUI.dll, and UNIDRV.dll files on the print server match the versions on the client. This should help resolve this issue.
- On the existing print server, locate the C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\x64\3\ folder, and then rename the following drivers:
- Rename PS5UI.dll as PS5UI_old.dll.
- Rename PSCRIPT5.dll as PSCRIPT5_old.dll.
- Rename UNIDRVUI.dll as UNIDRVUI_old.dll.
- Rename UNIDRV.dll as UNIDRV_old.dll.
- On the client computer that’s running Windows 10 version 1607, locate the C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\x64\3\ folder, and then copy the following drivers:
- On the existing print server, paste the drivers from step 2 to the desktop and then to the C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\x64\3 folder. Be aware that you need administrator rights to perform this step.
- On the existing print server, restart the spooler service. Make sure that the configuration file is same as the one that’s available in Windows 10 version 1607.
- Map a printer from this print server to the Windows 10 version 1607 client, and then check whether the settings are in sync.
If you are an IHV or OEM, you can repackage the print drivers that use the PS5UI.dll or UNIDRVUI.dll configuration file together with the redistributable Windows 10 version 1607 builds of these files. Installing this updated package on the print server should help resolve this issue.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the “Applies to” section.
Article ID: 3201130 – Last Review: 23-Jan-2017 – Revision: 3
Windows 10 Version 1607, Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter, Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard, Windows Server 2012 Datacenter, Windows Server 2012 Datacenter, Windows Server 2012 Datacenter, Windows Server 2012 Datacenter, Windows Server 2012 Standard, Windows Server 2012 Standard, Windows Server 2012 Standard, Windows Server 2012 Standard, Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1
Please view the solution for non-synchronizing print servers in Windows 10 version 1607 on Microsoft’s Support page.
For Ricoh devices: http://go.unc.edu/fixmycopier/
If your Onyen is not accepted when entering a help ticket, type in “None” and fill in your information. Response time to email or voicemail when you have a problem will not be as swift as for an online ticket.
If this a repair request for a Xerox copier, please call 855-314-9934 and provide the serial number on the label. Average response time is fewer than four hours.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or code requests.
Hours: M–F, 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.